Providing Furnace Replacement Services from Bellingham to Mount Vernon to Anacortes Area Since 1951
Can you imagine living in the Bellingham area without a functioning furnace? It’s not a pleasant thought, is it? Unfortunately, if your furnace is close to or over legal drinking age, it might be something you experience firsthand in the near future. Like all of us, heating systems have an expiration date. As time goes on, the need for regular furnace repair grows, and parts become harder and harder to find. Eventually, whether out of economy or necessity, all furnaces will break down and have to be replaced.
Unfortunately, that death knell rarely sounds at a convenient time. It tends to happen late at night or on the coldest night of the year. Fortunately, the HVAC experts at LaVergne's Plumbing and Heating are here to help set things right. Gas? Oil? Electric? It doesn’t matter. We will help you find the new furnace that’s right for you and install it with the prompt professionalism we’re known for.
Reach out to LaVergne's
for a quote on furnace installation in Mount Vernon or Bellingham. Check out our financing options
to make things more affordable.
Signs You Might Need a New Furnace
A furnace on its last legs will often throw up an SOS. In some cases, these calls for help are obvious. A furnace that will no longer kick on, for instance. But there are a number of subtler signs that a new furnace may be soon needed. These include:
- Age: If your furnace is over 10 years old, it’s often wise to at least consider replacement over repair. Newer furnaces are much more efficient than older ones. They also come equipped with a number of SMART systems. As the time of manufacture grows more distant, parts availability can also be impacted.
- Repeated Visits: Are you having to call us more than once in a heating season for unrelated problems? This is often a sign of an impending disaster. Parts in older furnaces often fail in quick succession. The service fees for these visits quickly pile up and can eventually be more expensive than installing a new furnace.
- Weird Smells: Do you notice a strange smell when the furnace kicks on? Does this odor refuse to dissipate with continued use? This can often be a sign of a leak or defective ductwork. However, if you only notice the smell the first time you turn the furnace on for the season, this is in line with the typical furnace start-up. That smell is the odor of accumulated summer dust burning off.
- Odd Noises: Sometimed those things that go “bump in the night’,might be a sign that your furnace is on its last legs. These noises can indicate the beginnings of a major component failure. To see if the noise is the result of a major or minor issue, call a heating repair expert in the Bellingham area.
- Climbing Utility Bills: As heating equipment begins to fail, it may have to work harder to keep temperature. This can lead to an unusually large spike in your gas or electric bills. To see how much installing a new furnace can save you in Bellingham, call 360-685-8098 to schedule a quote for furnace replacement.
- Visual Rust: Small amounts of rust in the burner area are to be expected with age. However, excessive amounts can signal an issue with the heat exchanger. If it gets too severe, vital components can fail and allow carbon monoxide into your home. It’s never a bad idea to have an HVAC professional check on a rust problem.
No matter how large or how small your home in Bellingham, LaVergne's Plumbing and Heating can keep it warm with a professional furnace replacement.
How to Ensure You Get the Best Furnace for Your Bellingham, Mount Vernon, Anacortes Area Home
After determining a new furnace is needed, our HVAC experts will present you with numerous replacement options. This can include changing the fuel source from electric or oil to gas. Which one is right for you depends on a number of things, not just your budget. So, while money is important, our technician will try and balance costs with:
- Compatibility: Though there are alternatives to your current furnace—including heat pumps—these other options also require changes in your distribution system.
- Energy Efficiency: While almost all new systems will be more eco-friendly, the level to which that’s true depends on the unit selected. If you prefer long-term savings to upfront ones, consider going for something with a higher AFUE level.
- Sizing: The furnace selected must be the right size. Too big of a unit will lead to short cycling. One that’s too small, meanwhile, will struggle to cool rooms more distant from your equipment. The best way to ensure you get it right is to leave equipment sizing to the Bellingham HVAC professionals at LaVergne's.
- Fuel Source: If you have an oil system or an electric one that isn't meeting your needs, our technician might recommend a fuel change. Though this can net you savings in the long run, it also requires additional up front investments.
Curious about what’s the best way to ensure you get the right furnace in the Bellingham area? The answer is simple: trust our recommendations. Our staff truly values your comfort and will work diligently to find a furnace that meets your home’s specific needs. We also offer a number of coupons to help make new furnace installation more affordable.
An Ounce of Furnace Maintenance is Worth a Pound of Cure
Installing a new furnace represents a long-term investment in your home. The last thing you want to do is let that money go to waste. That’s where preventive furnace maintenance comes in. Once a year, we recommend having an HVAC technician out to give your home’s comfort systems a comprehensive once over. While there, they’ll go through our extensive checklist and look for things like:
- Loose wires
- Dirty components or filters
- Carbon monoxide leaks
- Dirty burners
By scheduling these checks in the off-season, you can extend the life of your unit far beyond the 10-year mark. We invite you to click here and learn more about our furnace maintenance process.
When it Comes to New Furnace Installation, Trust the Company Your Friends from Bellingham to Mount Vernon to Anacortes Area Do
Furnace replacement in Bellingham is something that should always be left to a professional. Working with gas or oil appliances is dangerous, even when you have the proper training and equipment. An improper installation—which we see quite often—can also lead to long-term heating inefficiencies.
At LaVergne's Plumbing and Heating, we provide quality furnace replacement and installation services throughout the Mount Vernon area. We are licensed and insured and every one of our HVAC technicians is highly trained. They also arrive equipped with everything they need to properly size and install your new heating system. Whether you need to put in a furnace in your newly built home or replace one installed years ago, we’ll help you choose the product that fits your needs.